Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

MUET thingy.!! . a MUST READ edition -HOT TIPS!!

hello people.. update2..~~ its so called AN UPDATE..actually i ain't that busy but....other things

kept me occupied n abandoning my lil bloggie.huhu..sorry yaw!

sharing2 time...!! past year questions on MUET speaking test..:) maybe it can help u ppl~~


diz is the Q &A regarding Task B..check it out..!! .....i extracted from a website.:)

questions.

1) In the first round of the discussion, is it compulsory to restate my own stand (second

factor) eventhough I am repeating the same points that was mentioned in Task A without

comparing with the pros and cons of other factors?

2) Throughout the discussion, should I give reasons to ALL three factors which I disagreed to

strenghthen my point/stand?


2) What is the best way or line to start with in order to oppose other candidate's opinions?

eg. Excuse me Candidate A, I disagree .......

3) Could anyone suggests me any tips or strategy to excel in this task?

```````````````` ANSWERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Answers, according to what I've learned from my teachers:

1. Not at all. You can start as if you have not heard or said anything in the Task A (Individual

Presentation). However, it's nice to say stuff like "As candidate A said just now..." to show

that you've been listening to others.

2. Not necessary at all. I usually support one point because a "build-up" is much more

interesting for a discussion.

3. I hardly use "I disagree", I usually use things like, "You may have a point there, but..." or

"That's true, however...". Keeps the person from returning with an attack (riposte~!), and

proves you facilitate civil and orderly discussion.

4. If you have the ability to think fast and logically, try and search for a point in Task B that

can "absorb" all the other's points. I usually do this so that I can use all their points and

provide much of my own. I do this even if it means throwing my Task A away.

However, having done years of public speaking, I am quite comfortable with that. You may

want to go with your Task A points because they are already in your head (or paper).

Remember, the aim of language is to COMMUNICATE. COMMUNICATION means that you keep

a good, nice discussion (no all-out attacks!) and be pleasant, and no complex or formal

English is needed.
__________________
You cannot base your actions upon fallacious ideas. If you do, where's the logic in that?

plus a little sharing business..:)

MUET October 2006
How a fresh graduate can succeed in workplace besides good academics?

* Good communication skills
* Ability to cooperate with others
* Computer skills
* Self-discipline


How to encourage the students to read more?

* Set up a reading corner around the college
* Equip the library with more interesting materials
* Second hand book store
* Reward those who read more


What would make a good life partner?

* Religious
* Wealthy
* Good-looking
* Fun to be with


How to promote tourism in Malaysia?

* Build more tourist spots
* Build more affordable hotels
* Using Information Technology (IT)
* More facilities


How to attract customers?

* Reasonable price
* Extend business hours
* Fresh goods
* Helpful and courteous staffs


What challenge would be faced by youth in 21st century?

* Knowledgeable skills
* Resources
* Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
* Good in studies and active in co-curriculum activities

No comments:

Post a Comment